Our corporate responsibility approach is based on and supporting our mission, vision and strategy, and our commitments. Konecranes’ Code of Conduct guides our everyday activities by clearly describing our internal standards and ethical values as well as our legal obligations. Our business activities are subject to government regulations in the countries where we operate. Our principles and commitments also play a key role in risk management. Having a set of rules and values in place enables us to better mitigate negative impacts. Group-wide guidelines for reporting, appropriate approval procedures and internal controls help to ensure the implementation of good practices.
We acknowledge our responsibility and recognize our opportunity to affect environmental matters, especially regarding resource use and mitigating the effects of climate change. We are committed to providing eco-efficient solutions and services to our customers while preventing and minimizing harmful discharges into the air, water and ground. Our commitments regarding environmental responsibility can be seen in our Code of Conduct and in our Environmental Policy. Konecranes supports the Paris Agreement’s aim to strengthen the global response to the threat of climate change and limit the increase in global temperatures. We contribute to this effort by managing our climate impact and developing our products and services. Furthermore, we have signed voluntary agreements and set internal targets for energy efficiency and emissions.
Our management approach and commitments:
- Our commitments towards responsibility are outlined in our Code of Conduct and in our Safety and Environmental policies.
- We are committed to the United Nations Global Compact and its ten principles
- We have put Konecranes Minimum requirements into use globally which set the minimum level for our HSE management work.
- We have also implemented a separate Anti-Corruption Policy, and have compliance protocols and guidelines in place to detect any risks regarding bribery and corruption.
- We have implemented a Know-Your-Counterparty process which identifies the risks of doing business with third parties by studying their ownership, activity and role. It includes anti-bribery, sanctions and other due diligence checks, according to the level of risk identified.
- We have a reporting process for misconduct which can be used to report suspicions of serious misconduct related to financial or banking crimes.
- We are also rolling out a separate Diversity Policy and a Supplier Code of Conduct during 2018
- Konecranes Annual Report 2017
- Konecranes Report on Non-Financial Items 2017
- Corporate Governance
- Code of Conduct
- Environmental Policy
- Health and Safety Policy
- Konecranes UK - 2017 Anti slavery and human trafficking statement